• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ground loop noise after installing schottky diodes in cobra 29 ltd chrome

805 california

Jun 29, 2016
San luis obispo, ca
So after installing schottky diodes in a cobra 29 ltd chrome, I get a loud buzzing noise from receiver and the meter shows a couple S points with the nb/anl on. With nb/anl off it sounds normal. I only get the noise with the chromes. I have installed in cobra 29 ltd classic, 25 ltd classic and lx with no problems. This loud buzzing noise has occurred on three different brand new chromes. Anybody else have this issue?

If that doesn't work try disconnecting the power cord. If the noise stops it was coming in through the power cord.

Perhaps it should be phrased another way.
(Although the weiner in a light socket was funny as hell)

Try using a battery instead of the power source to eliminate ANY electrical noise that a plug in the wall power source may make.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
He seems to have disappeared. I thought he was joking about putting his bird in the light socket.

805, is that real grass in your avatar or astro turf? It looks like the dog might be photo-shopped. If it is real can you give us some tips on lawn care? Very nice lawn.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
He seems to have disappeared. I thought he was joking about putting his bird in the light socket.

805, is that real grass in your avatar or astro turf? It looks like the dog might be photo-shopped. If it is real can you give us some tips on lawn care? Very nice lawn.
That's a 20 grand fake lawn... it's worth more then your life.

I have a aunt that put in fake grass in Cali a few years ago. she said with water in short supply she could not water the grass or get fined by the city and if the grass turned brown was fined by her HMO. she said fake was the best way to go. now no mowing, just a little trim at the flower beds she has.

I have a aunt that put in fake grass in Cali a few years ago. she said with water in short supply she could not water the grass or get fined by the city and if the grass turned brown was fined by her HMO. she said fake was the best way to go. now no mowing, just a little trim at the flower beds she has.

Another of the many reasons I will never live in or vacation again in California.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.