• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GROUNDING AN A99

Yes but in most places ground radials do not run deep enough to be in wet/moist soil whereas ground rods generally are deep enough to find moist ground. When I drove my ground rods I hit a bed of slate about two feet or so down. I managed to hammer them in a couple feet into that slate bed with at least one of them three feet into it. The advantage was that the slate bed was always wet. The top couple feet of soil drained quite readily into it, as witnessed by myself while pumping water out of the tower hole,and was generally dry. The water kept running back into the hole thru the slate seams. I had to extend the pump hose another thirty feet to discharge the water over the bank. Ground radials would do sweet frig all for me as far as lightning ground goes. As an RF ground however that is a different matter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.