• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Guess what $35 got me?

Roger Dodger

Apr 14, 2005
Pennsylvania (west)
A President HR2600 w/Chipswitch!!! The radio is not hacked and the Chipswitch was installed so darn clean, I had to closely inspect it with a headband magnifier... it's that factory looking! No other mods done to the rig. The power cord was nicked and the one end plug somewhat corroded. I replaced all that and with heavier guage wire too. I may remove the factory mic. cartridge, and install an Astatic NC cartridge to retain the factory mic. housing and the channel ^v buttons. What a sweet radio for $35. I have the factory service manual and plan to give it a complete alignment.

Between this radio and my ClearCom Ranger AR3500, both are keepers for me! :)

....doing my best gilbert gottfried impersonation......

SONOFABITCH !!!!!!!!!!

Thats one of those deals where you have to buy it weather you need it or not, just because it's a smoking deal. Those are cool little radios. Enjoy!

Great find! Got pics?
What's there to post a picture of? It's your standard, clean faced President HR2600! LOL
As for where I bought it, I attended a hamfest, of all places, where items are often over-priced, over-hyped, and over-hacked!!

True story here, there was a car table stationed by a woman who apparently is a non-radio buff. She was selling her late husband's gear of which this radio was one of the items. I also bought a working AC voltmeter/wattmeter display that's very nice for $5. This is a 3kw high grade unit, not some cheapo thing. It uses Simpson meters and the wiring is rated for 105°C and is in a leather field case.

this thread need to be deleted !!!!!!
im trying to find a good deal on a better radio and it makes me sick when i see it :( !!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.