• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gulf Alpha Dual Band

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
Well I am doing the prep work for my Gulf Alpha Dual Band SAT Antenna. It should be here the week of October 11th according to Pete the owner of Gulf Alpha.

I just finished getting the tower up today, still need to pour the concrete, since its bracketed to the house the concrete is the last step.

I'll take pictures as I add everything like the G5400 rotator and then the antenna.

2010-10-02_15-29-47_460.jpg

2010-10-02_15-29-53_353.jpg

Ok the G-5400B rotator came in today .. Better than expected, everything was still in the sealed plastic bags. It was replaced by the 5500 but for $400 how could I go wrong.
Now I just need the Delta-Fox ST-1 Computer interface and the antenna to arrive.

Pete makes Great antennas..
i have been using his beams for years..
Gulf Alpha Beams are hard to beat indeed..

Though i dont use dual band antenna..
but instead a 2 meter.. 70 cm and 1.25 meter beams

Also Pete's antennas are as easy to build as an antenna can get..
Yet last for yrs and yrs of trouble free service

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned