• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

H&Y grab box?

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place but this is for reviews. Has anyone ever bought a grab box from H&Y Electronics? Was it worth the money? I have a birthday coming and am thinking about asking for one. If I said a exact thing I would get it from this person but I kind of thought it would be nice to have a total surprise. I'm not asking what was in it just is it worth the dollar amount they are selling it for? I figured if there are things I don't want or need I could easily get rid of them.

Reminds me of the old pull knob candy machines that has a "?" for a selection.

Maybe you'll like it, maybe not.

i tend to agree, the one time ive ordered from coppers nearly everything was junk. the coax had a short about 40 feet in, the right angle pl259's were garbage because they were shorting as well. the shipping was really high. honestly i would order from ebay before coppers/ hy again.

Proof, evidence?

ballhuggerss.jpg

Proof, evidence?

Let's see...both are located in Louisville, Ky......both have similar simplistic websites........both are awful when it comes to customer service. When H&Y first started up...they were supposed to be the wholesale part of Copper Electronics. They are owned by the same family, that should do.

That is true father and son I also remember hearing that in the early 2000s or late 1990s the son had both companies and damn near ran HnY into the ground so the old man I believe his name is Charlie took it back over.

HnY back in the 1990s was refered to as "The backdoor to Copper" meaning it sold amplifiers and such as Copper did not ;)

Those of us that have been around for a few years may also remember when Copper and H&Y had the same street address as well. The phone numbers were different but the address was the same.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.