• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham Radio Deluxe Problem

Thanks for the kind words.....I just worked 4 states on 20M USB but haven't tried PSK31 yet. All I have is a vertical 5BTV antenna and don't expect much from it since half of it is below the roof line of my home. lol Restrictions are keeping it there too.

Harold

Congratulations on the up-grade! Don't give up on the extra, it just takes more study.
- 'Doc

(whatever you do, stay away from SSTV, it's addictive! :))

really wrong

QWAZYONE....Yep, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I need that CI-V cable. I'll look on the internet for one. Been a busy day for me and I finally made it back home. Left this morning for Gainesville for their hamfest and license exam at 1PM. I can honestly say that I have never seen so much old gear before. They even had AM broadcast radio's that went back to the 1930's. It was my first hamfest and my wife and I had a ball. Saw some rigs that I would have loved to bring back home but living in a mobile home has it's restrictions.
BTW, I passed my General exam. Failed the Extra big time. When I handed it back in I told the girl that the exam could have been in Japaneese and it wouldnt have made any difference. I had the first five Extra exams on QRZ.COM down pat and from those five I recognized no more than 8 or 9 questions. lol

So for the time being I am going to stick with Digipan and look around for a CI-V cable later on.

http://www.dhgate.com/usb-ci-v-cat-...c-718/r-ff8080812d36cf93012d9294b2cf0db2.html

But I'm a happy camper right now and i'm not going to get greedy.

God bless you all on this forum for all the extra work you put into it helping the rest of us.

Harold KK4AVR/AG
I have checked it.

thanks~really nice

QWAZYONE....Yep, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I need that CI-V cable. I'll look on the internet for one. Been a busy day for me and I finally made it back home. Left this morning for Gainesville for their hamfest and license exam at 1PM. I can honestly say that I have never seen so much old gear before. They even had AM broadcast radio's that went back to the 1930's. It was my first hamfest and my wife and I had a ball. Saw some rigs that I would have loved to bring back home but living in a mobile home has it's restrictions.
BTW, I passed my General exam. Failed the Extra big time. When I handed it back in I told the girl that the exam could have been in Japaneese and it wouldnt have made any difference. I had the first five Extra exams on QRZ.COM down pat and from those five I recognized no more than 8 or 9 questions. lol

So for the time being I am going to stick with Digipan and look around for a CI-V cable later on.

System Error Page

But I'm a happy camper right now and i'm not going to get greedy.

God bless you all on this forum for all the extra work you put into it helping the rest of us.

Harold KK4AVR/AG
yesterday I tried to open this link again before I found it was invalid.so I made an effort to get a new one:
Power cable for ICOM Yaesu FT-7800R FT-8800R FT-8900R...USD43.67/Piece Wholesale Price at DHgate.com
It is still working。

I can't use it yet since i am still a Tech. but this coming Saturday which is just 3 days from now I hope to be able to try out BPSK31. I have enjoyed copying it for some time now. I have downloaded a number of programs such as MMTTY, Digipan, MultiPSK, etc. From what I can figure out by reading the QSO's of many other hams is that HRD is the most popular although Digipan ranks right up there.
I have been experimenting and find that Digipan works quite nicely (radio connects to computer) but for the life of me I can't get HRD to do the same. I get the following as seen in my attachment. What I am doing wrong I do not know and thought that just maybe someone else has had the same problem one time or another. I can receive using HRD with no problems at all.
Any thoughts?

Harold
I feel for ya, brother. I’m experiencing the same. With the same error display po pping up. Mine was working for several hours then “poof” no more.
I can't use it yet since i am still a Tech. but this coming Saturday which is just 3 days from now I hope to be able to try out BPSK31. I have enjoyed copying it for some time now. I have downloaded a number of programs such as MMTTY, Digipan, MultiPSK, etc. From what I can figure out by reading the QSO's of many other hams is that HRD is the most popular although Digipan ranks right up there.
I have been experimenting and find that Digipan works quite nicely (radio connects to computer) but for the life of me I can't get HRD to do the same. I get the following as seen in my attachment. What I am doing wrong I do not know and thought that just maybe someone else has had the same problem one time or another. I can receive using HRD with no problems at all.
Any thoughts?

Harold

I feel for ya, brother. I’m experiencing the same. With the same error display po pping up. Mine was working for several hours then “poof” no more.
Harold, You CAN use HRD legally.
As a Technician you can use the
10M Band, which is quite satisfying
until you obtain your General ticket.

Harold, You CAN use HRD legally.
As a Technician you can use the
10M Band, which is quite satisfying
until you obtain your General ticket.
Welcome to the Forum KK7MCE!

Just a tip for you, check the latest dates on threads you read before posting a responce. Otherwise you most likely won't get responce from that member. Of course you can always add to a thread which may rejuvenated it and feel free to do so.

Some of these like this one is nearly 13 years old and many of those members on this thread aren't active anymore.

You'll see many regular active members on this Forum and there are many good topics discussed here.

Enjoy the Forum!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.