• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham Radio Real World

It's unfortunate, but true in many aspects.

I always believe in helping people with this hobby - regardless of new or old. I guess people forget that we all want the same things in life.

Courtesy and respect can go a long way.

I must live in a different part of the country than a lot of the responders to the author's article. I very seldom experience any negative aspects.

I've never been shunned by the 'old farts' on 75M and have engaged in numerous conversations covering a myriad of subjects, from highly technical to total goof-off subjects.

I don't belong to, or attend club meetings and I don't 'contest', so I can't really comment there.

The folks on the repeater I frequent are a great bunch and I enjoy many of the varied subjects that are broached. I guess none of us, ranging from techs to extras, has anything to prove?

:whistle:

I thought his views were all excessively narrow-minded.

Hams are just people like anybody else. To assign more attributes or character flaws to them is just pointless.

I think he should give up writing . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.