• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Handheld Marine Radios x 4

Cabover Bob

Nov 17, 2020
Four Standard Horizon HX300 - two with low hours and two with zero hours. Included storage case, antennas, 12v lighter/usb adapters and three charging cords. I am the original purchaser of all items, change of career means that I don't need them anymore.

No license required, I used this type in construction for many years to avoid all of the other typical construction radio traffic.

Looking to get $150 + the trip for all 4 w/case.
20220410_074311.jpg20220410_074046.jpg20220410_074319.jpg20220410_074323.jpg20220410_074038.jpg

No license required, I used this type in construction for many years to avoid all of the other typical construction radio traffic.
Not trying to step on a sale here, but telling people that no license is required is a bit deceptive. The only way these can be used legally by a land station without a license is if the land station is communicating with a maritime station.

Reactions: buickid and NZ8N
Not trying to step on a sale here, but telling people that no license is required is a bit deceptive. The only way these can be used legally by a land station without a license is if the land station is communicating with a maritime station.
Funny thing is, there's a ton of discussion/selling/buying of non compliant gear on this forum that doesn't get this type of attention.........must be my day in the barrel ?

Todd

Funny thing is, there's a ton of discussion/selling/buying of non compliant gear on this forum that doesn't get this type of attention.........must be my day in the barrel ?

Todd
You are very correct, I apologize.

I guess it just hit closer to home for me because I got into trouble with the coast guard before and worried someone else might too. Unlike CB where the FCC doesn't care, the coast guard will call you in immediately. I was using a 5w handheld marine radio in Blue Earth MN (where the nearest Great Lake is 230 miles away, farm territory) and, not only was informed of my error, was also told my location within a block's radius after they finished quoting FCC regulation. Okay, sure, freeway bridges don't collapse into rivers on a daily basis, but I chose the wrong day to use that radio! That day I had no idea the I-35 bridge had collapsed and the coast guard chopper pilot (from 100 miles away) gave me a thorough ass-chewin' before handing the mic off to the FCC running from a satellite.

....that's when I got spooked, turned it off, and thanked the good lord I lived in an apartment with 75 other people.

I will say, however, that your offer is extremely fair, and if there are any ice fishermen here (marine radios are becoming a big thing on the ice up here), I'd bet they sell fast! I am tempted myself :)

Marine mobiles and ham mobiles on marine frequencies are widely used by hunters in downstate Illinois and the farm/hunter crowd of northeast Missouri. A couple guys locally said they have been told once to change channels when they were hunting near the river. They said that was years ago and no one bothers them now. They are no secret... the game wardens have scanners in their trucks to monitor now...

Marine mobiles and ham mobiles on marine frequencies are widely used by hunters in downstate Illinois and the farm/hunter crowd of northeast Missouri. A couple guys locally said they have been told once to change channels when they were hunting near the river. They said that was years ago and no one bothers them now. They are no secret... the game wardens have scanners in their trucks to monitor now...
coyote chasers here in southwest mo use anything period

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.