• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hard drive crash ?

gamegetter

Aug 25, 2010
is this machine toast? i got this:

"***stop: 0x0000007B (0x82085030c0xC0000032,0x00000000c0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Refer to your Getting Started manual for more information on troubleshooting Stop errors."

Sounds like a typical error if you are running Vista.

If the hard dive failed; run chkdsk. How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP A hard drive will usually make a consistent 'tick, tick, tick' rhythmic sound - like a clock ticking. But not always; the boot sector may either corrupted or damaged. Run chkdsk and find out first. Use your operating system disc to access that test.

Windows 8 is v.cool and v.cheap from Microsoft. Cost was $40 direct download if you have any previous version of a MS operating system on it. Just an option.

Last edited:
thanks robb, the machine will not boot up at all to allow the chkdsk ...it's in a blue screen giving me the above error message i posted.

it is an older machine running windows 2000

thanks for any help.

thanks robb, the machine will not boot up at all to allow the chkdsk ...it's in a blue screen giving me the above error message i posted.

it is an older machine running windows 2000

thanks for any help.

Put your operating system install disc in and see if you can run chkdsk that way. If that doesn't work; then you might have a hardware problem. Not necessarily the hard drive either. Might be the the board itself or insufficient power from the supply under load.

When A PC has problems the best thing to do is put it in the dish-washer Full cycle and heated dry. when it's done and cleaned go to the apple store and start shopping !!!!!!!(y)
I have had so many computers and my next venture will be Apple I am almost there!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
:LOL:i do love a challenge, like a "glutton for punishment"..,:p

now where is that daggum windows 2000 install disk, have not seen it in 11 years i believe.

:LOL:i do love a challenge, like a "glutton for punishment"..,:p

now where is that daggum windows 2000 install disk, have not seen it in 11 years i believe.

Kat.ph free 2k disk install it iso usb run pc in usb mode and run chkdsk or boot os to dosmode and run chkdsk or run harddrive with usb cable to another pc copy all files wipe drive reinstall windows and saves files back in etc. The error code you have is breeze

Reactions: 1 person
Kat.ph free 2k disk install it iso usb run pc in usb mode and run chkdsk or boot os to dosmode and run chkdsk or run harddrive with usb cable to another pc copy all files wipe drive reinstall windows and saves files back in etc. The error code you have is breeze

^^ what he said ^^ :unsure: Good luck.

i may have some more questions later, bro maybe next week i get back to this, have some work to get done and then prepare for the blizzard heading our way.

thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.