• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HAVE I MISSED THE BOAT ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
What is this upstairs downstairs BS ! Hams on the top CB'ers on the bottom ? Who cares ! I think others are slightly getting carried away here. I also think that telling others to go else where isn't right either. Although I will give www.cbjunk.com a thumbs up because it does look like it has some promising aspects going on with it , along with being user friendly.(and most there , are from HERE ! ) I think many of us have made a mountain out of a mole hill around here. It's not about 5 years ago and it ain't about 5 months ago , It's about right now PERIOD ! They want money so you can have some more privledges around here ? SO BE IT ! Get over it already ! IM personally sick of hearing it ! Grow Up ! If your a freak'in CB'er ? Make that section YOURS !! If your a Ham ? Make that section YOURS !! better yet , make it ALL work for the best ! Take it form somebody whom has LIVED HERE for the last 3 years , just grow with it , or GO with it ! This new format WILL work for anybody that works it . IM surprised that others can't see that ? Go figure ! Change can be a real bitch , I realize that , but it isn't like we have been totally stripped of our rights as members of this Forum . For me , other then having to pay a fee to sell my junk , I honestly DO NOT see that much of a differance around here , just a handful more of wham wham's and zoo zoo's to play with ......THAT'S IT !!! The times have changed , welcome to the WWRF , like it as you may. Try giving the moaning and groaning a rest and enjoy your hobby of choice around here as you always have in the past. MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU's ! so it can work for me. Peace

Any CB forum is dead after CW Mores has invaded, he can not get over that trucker in the wild summer's of the late 60's that took his wife away;

10 meters = upstairs
11 meters = downstairs

Its a frequency thing.

wouldn't that be more like 11 meters being up and 10 being below that ? :) although I think you catch my drift Chief. I once again give the admin's credit around here , they tend to let it roll until it runs out of gas more so then not around here , but I would bet to say there's a few itchy fingers out there just waiting to push the bye bye buttons around here. It would certainly be understood by me. Right about now the Upstairs ,Downstairs sounds like a title to a soap opera , Oh such drama we get from the queens of the screen .

Hey Switch...11 meters on top, 10 meters on bottom would be a BAND thing.
28MHz on top 27MHz would be a FREQUENCY thing.
If you hurry you may catch the boat!!!
I can't belive nobody else caught this, don't take it to serious Swith just me being me!!!

Switch, it is a frequency thing not hierarchy. The larger the band number the lower the frequency. Example 11m is below 10 meters in frequency. If I was on 11m I would say I'm going upstairs if referring to going to 10m.

OK Bob ,How was I to know there was a soap called that ? Got lucky it would seem.Go figure ? (if the shoes can fit ? they can wear them all they like) But I pretty much meant what I said in the first place. The fact that 11 comes after 10 was just
figuratively
speaking on my part. A joke if you will . :)

I think if you put things in perspective as to how most forums would be set up it is easy to see. The forum is a "Radio" forum that is open to all forms of radio operations we are allowed to use for communication. If you compare the forms of communication that are present on the forum it follows the largest areas of use on down. What I mean by that is if you look at the Amateur range of communication there are MANY areas open for use. The is HF, VHF, and UHF for an example. Many bands are enclosed within those spectrum's. CB is just one band of 40 channels out of the huge HF spectrum. If you look at the FCC Band allotment for HF amateur use you will find 10 HF bands. Again CB is just a small area of the HF spectrum. Just a portion of 11 meters. Then within the HF bands there are sub bands that are allotted for different forms of use such as phone, digital,cw.. etc. . Then you have the VHF and UHF that also have allotments for different forms of use. There is a lot more involved in the Amateur area because of its' enormous area for use by the Amateur and different ways of communication allowed. So, I think if you look at this kind of comparison one would realize why the largest area of band use and information would be at the first portion of the forum. And, if one were to read the Thread of how many Amateurs we have will see most are in house that have upgraded that were already members here as CB operators. As Switch said there has been but minimal change. Just a new forum with some bigger vision that can incorporate many forms of radio communication. It doesn't make any group better than the other. I enjoy CB. I talk on it almost daily. Amateur radio just offers more opportunities to play radio in a lot of ways. I like the extra benefits I can use being an Amateur but that is up to each person of what they prefer. If someone is happy with using CB only that is great. I like the fact that most here can have a good time here which ever form of radio we are using.

Last edited:
I tell you what. I have learned alot about communications in the last year since getting my General ticket. I used to just operate 11 meters but now my possibilities for DX are numerous. I spend alot of time trying to make new antennas, matching devices, filters, and so on and in the process learning. There is never a dull moment for me when it comes to amatuer communications and talking on the radio is only one part. There is also the setup of antennas that you didnt need before and new gear. I've found that I don't have to run a million watts to talk all over the world. If nothing is happening on one band i go to another and I still talk on CB too. Yeah sometimes I try out the old tube boxes but most times I run 4 watts and swing and the Maco 5 element does the rest. No need for power. I cant count how many times i have run 4000 watts pep trying to get out there on the bowl and they don't even want to come back to you because I wasnt in their circle. Yeah they knew I was there and i talked to alot of them eventually because I was always in their recieve. But I always wanted to pump up so I could get out there and it was never enough. I for sure didnt want to spend any more money on amplifiers. So I grew and learned and my options are far greater than before. So enjoy your CB but realize there is a whole lot more to go than that. Try it you might have fun. Get your ticket and then go on to get your General. That's when the real fun begins. And if you get bored with ham radio then you can always switch to ch 6 or 19 and have fun too. I have heard some ham operators on 20 meters that sound crazier than cb guys. You don't have to be boring just because some old school guys are. Make it fun. it is.

Last edited:
SK chill out. Radio is a hobby have fun, I got four words for you
GET ON THE AIR............GOTA

You got me wrong here dude , it ain't about a HAM/CB radio thing with me , I could careless , I've found my place within a long time ago . Go back and read my post again and maybe you'll get a better understanding of what I was saying . Peace (Cheers to S.W and T.E.J. ,good reads) :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.