• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have you ever had a RANGER Radio Pulled from E Bay?

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
If you have ever had a Ranger Radio listing pulled from E Bay, please respond here in this thread.
Also, if you do get one pulled, please save all correspondence from them, it could be useful.

Jeff

They booted my listing for a 2970 three or four times when I listed it a couple of years ago. Ended up selling it here on the board.

I bet it does to and Im thinking it must be how people word the ad maybe?? I see some that last and some well a few minutes later there gone!!! Same with QRZ I posted something once and was warned no CB radios and I see other peoples all the time so I just shake my head and laugh it off what else can a person do.

Is that lawyer on this forum trying to sue Ebay again? Sure sounds like it.

Is that lawyer on this forum trying to sue Ebay again? Sure sounds like it

I do not think any one realizes it, but Shioda Represents Ranger.
The reason I asked this Question, is E Bay is already a defendant in a lawsuit regarding this very issue.

He had posted in the other thread that
Quote #1

eBay was contacted by Gary Hendrickson from the FCC around 2001 and he told them to pull all 10 meter radios and amps. Where he thought he had the authority to do that, I have no idea as he was not in enforcement. Anyway, since that date eBay has been pulling the equipment if there is a complaint, but Ranger's agreement with them back in 2002 was the eBay would not tell people the radios were "illegal" or against FCC rules. Since eBay breached that "truce", they are a defendant in a lawsuit.
progress.gif

Quote #2

Would appreciate receiving any email from eBay stating Ranger radios are illegal. Need as much evidence as possible.

I feel (My Opinion) this issue needs to be addressed, and he has done so.
Why should EBay be telling it`s members that Ranger ten meter radio`s are illegal when they are not.
The FCC LOST that case in court.

Jeff

Yes it's all very pixilated and hypocritical isn't it?

If the fcc wants to ban the sale of ALL Export radios in U.S. because it is obvious that they are MOSTLY...not 100%....but mostly for the 11 meter crowd who wants a bigger pumped up radio....then they should do that. Ban them all. But it should be either that or give up and leave them all and everyone alone about it. The sales that is. The fcc has every right to go after rule breakers once they are on the air breaking the rules....but on-air rule breaking and equipment sales are two totally different ballgames.

Thats kind of what I was thinking I mean what if someone who collects as my self and thousands of others want a radio to ad to the pile? Who has the right to say you cant have or display that???

If you get caught running it thats a completely different issue. We have several laws about cars being legal here in Wisconsin one being tires can only stick out of a wheelwell so far after that its a ticket. Does that mean you cant have a dragster or a collector car in your garage because it exceeds this tire rule or any of the other rules?? I DONT THINK SO!!!

Now if you caught driving it around like this well then its an issue of another game. As I said before I want to know how some peoples radios get pulled but yet a half page of the very same radio remains on Ebay at times???

... As I said before I want to know how some peoples radios get pulled but yet a half page of the very same radio remains on Ebay at times???

it's really pretty simple, e-bay responds to complaints to cover their azz.

someone has complained to ebay about that sale (and not about another sale of the same/similar radio).

if i'm selling an XYZ radio and so are you, then i comlpain about YOUR illegal radio:angry: and YOUR sale gets pulled.:D

ca-ching(y)

AAAHHHH GOTCHA!!! Ide be affraid to sell one of my RCI radios on any site and put my callsign on the ad!! Can you say blackballed LMA:eek:!!

Ok I'll tell you what happened to me and I hope this nonsense will go away.

Last year I listed 3 different Ranger radios at 3 different times. One was successfully sold, two were pulled and sold through other sites. When I received notification from ebay, NEVER did it say the radios were illegal, they stated the radios were PROHIBITED. Now this has been at least a year but illegal is not a word they ever used.

I'm siding with ebay on this one, lawyers suck.

Ok I'll tell you what happened to me and I hope this nonsense will go away.

Last year I listed 3 different Ranger radios at 3 different times. One was successfully sold, two were pulled and sold through other sites. When I received notification from ebay, NEVER did it say the radios were illegal, they stated the radios were PROHIBITED. Now this has been at least a year but illegal is not a word they ever used.

I'm siding with ebay on this one, lawyers suck.

You would probably be the first to call a lawyer when the FCC fines you, too

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.