• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have you ever seen anyone that was "goosey" or &qu

C W Morse

Apr 3, 2005
Retired
I was in the barbershop today and a couple of fellows were horsing around with the barber who is REALLY ticklish! :LOL: I KNOW better than to gooch him and I've known he didn't like that since about 1969 or so. But a couple of guys were acting like they were going to touch him in the sides and had him nervous. Mr Wells kept telling the fellas not to do that because they were making him jumpy. And one of them finally let things get quiet, and then slipped round beside him while he had his back turned and poked him in the ribs and Mr Wells smacked the tar out of the boy before he knew what happened! :shock: BAP!! I mean, he REALLY rang the guy's bell before he knew what was what! Wells didn't mean to hit the fella and I know that if he'd known the prankster was going to punch him, he *might* not have smacked 'im that way. It was reflex, not an intentional hit; the man is just "goochy"--or whatever it is you call it, and if you poke him, he will jump and holler out, or smack at whoever is nearby!

In one way it was funny, another it was not because I know it embarrassed both of them, and the barber kept telling them to quit horseplaying that way. So it wasn't Wells' fault the boy got his ears boxed! Horseplay isn't really a good idea. :)

CWM

My great uncle Art nailed a guy with a large wrench one time.It was long after WW2,sometime in the early fifties,and Art had spent almost 6 years in Europe during the war and saw a lot of action.When he returned home he resumed his job as a maintenace man at the local factory.All the old timers knew that sometimes when the machines were banging away Art would be physically at work but his mind was still in Europe.One day,even though he was warned,a young guy thought it would be funny to scare the crap out of "the old guy".Well poor Art was almost in a trance when buddy hollered and slapped him on the back.Quick as a flash Art turned and smoked him right between the eyes with the wrench he was holding knocking him out cold and leaving a good gash in his head.He was lucky he wasn't killed.Art felt really bad but it was just a reaction to where he perceived he was at the time.Nothing became of it as far as discipline goes to my uncle but after the young fellow returned to work in a few days he really got chewed out by the boss as well as fellow workers.

OUCH! I try not to ever slip up on anyone without letting them know I'm coming. But those boys in the barber shop were out of line, and there really wasn't anything that could be said. The man tried to tell them to quit, but they kept on messing with him! They thought it was funny--until one of them got popped real hard! :D

CWM

gooch? do you guys need some pink triangles?

The alliance is forming...I can see it now.

C2 said:
gooch? do you guys need some pink triangles?

The alliance is forming...I can see it now.

The word is used as local slang. I've heard it all my life. Some refer to it as "goosey". It means people who are highly nervous or jumpy when touched or tickled in the ribs. With them, it produces an involuntary reaction ranging from flinching to yelling out, to (like what happened at the barber shop) getting hit hard by a wild swing or punch. I've seen people who would yell out whatever they were thinking with embarrassing results! :D

Many years ago, there was a fella at our shop who was "goochy" ( or "goosey", depending on the local area slang) talking just outside the door of the shop to the boss. Guys were always poking him in the ribs to see his reaction--which ranged from just yelling "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK" to swinging around quickly with his fist. The reaction was completely involuntary and he couldn't help it. He didn't mean to hit people. In this case, another guy slipped up behind him and (as the locals might say) "gooched" him in the sides. He DECKED the bossman! :shock: :D The boss got up, dusted himself off, and told the other guy to go to the office and pick up his time! :p He didn't fire the man that smacked him; he knew "Bill" was "goochy" and couldn't help his nervous reactions. But he fired the other fella for horseplay.

So that's what happened Monday. The boys at the barbershop were horsing around with the barber whom they know to be "goochy" or "ticklish", or "goosey"--your call---and, finally, one of them carried it too far. WHAP! :D

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.