• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HEATHKIT SB-200 Info required Please.

I will have to take another look inside and see if its actually vertically or horizontally positioned. I think i read that on some ham forum. If you find out please let us know.........

Hi Captain Kilowatt i think they were talking about the filament in the tube whether it was vertically or horizontally positioned in the tube while in the amp. Correct me if im wrong.:oops:

Hi Captain Kilowatt i think they were talking about the filament in the tube whether it was vertically or horizontally positioned in the tube while in the amp. Correct me if im wrong.:oops:

That`s what I get for speed reading. :oops: The filaments are oriented vertically in that amp. Pins 1 and 4 are the filaments and the socket should be mounted with those pins one above the other.

Its all good there Captain Kilowatt. Im sure your not the only one that has done the speed reading thing, Hahaha.:laugh: Best to you............

You can check 811A's in a TV7-DU, but is suspect not 572B/T160L, due to the excessive filament current draw.

The other thing is that you don't want to put 811A's in there, since the plate voltage is way higher than the 811A can handle. A pair of 572B's will deliver up to 800W output (max), while a pair of 811A's can only do half of that.

On the other hand, it's not a bad idea to shove four 572B's in an Ameritron 811H amp. They will last forever in that amp.

Hi VA3ES,
We tried looking for a tester locally but seems like no one has one around these neck of the woods. Figured it would be best to just buy a a set on the Auction Block. Yea the 572b are definitively 811s on Steroids. Best to you and Happy 4th of July up there............(y)

If the politicians keep getting their way, there won't be much to celebrate on the 4th down here either.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.