• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heil Hand mic to 8 pin Kenwood

Heil Hand Mic

I got the mic working and for any of you with the Heil hand mic's this is the wiring that worked on the 8 pin Kenwood, be aware that wiring sequence was changed a few times during the manufacture of these mic's.
Yellow to pin 1
Red to pin 2
Shield to pin 7
Black to pin 8
Murray

glad to see that you got it working. so how do you like it? which element is in it. i put a hc-4 in my president mic and it works good on dxing but sucks for local am/fm.

Heil mics

rfoverlord said:
glad to see that you got it working. so how do you like it? which element is in it. i put a hc-4 in my president mic and it works good on dxing but sucks for local am/fm.
RFOverlord sorry for the late reply. Like most of Heils products it is a good microphone. I have only tried it on ssb though, I have also converted a few mic's with both Heils HC4 &HC5 elements audio quality is excellent but you don't get the same punch that you get with a power mic except for the amplified D104 Silver Eagle and that was awesome. The other mic's you have to use like a noise cancelling one and talk about two to three inches away from it.
Murray

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.