• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello from the Ozarks

Just wanted to say hello neighbor as i live just south of you across the state line. I did a lot of talking on the radio in the late 70's and 80's but work and my love of fishing took my extra time away. Most of my fellow cber's are gone now but do a lot of listening when I get time. I was down with back surgery about three years ago and found out my old handle of "No Handle" was being used by someone else locally. I go by 316 now as it was my skip shooting number in the past. I listen to the same group you are talking about and will give you a shout when I hear you in there.

One of my Friends that passed away had a cobra 2000 radio that was in good shape. His wife has had it for a number of years but probably won't sell but you never know. You can see his four element beam and tower just across the state line going into Arkansas. You might stop by sometime and ask her if she would be willing to sell.

Just wanted to say hello neighbor as i live just south of you across the state line. I did a lot of talking on the radio in the late 70's and 80's but work and my love of fishing took my extra time away. Most of my fellow cber's are gone now but do a lot of listening when I get time. I was down with back surgery about three years ago and found out my old handle of "No Handle" was being used by someone else locally. I go by 316 now as it was my skip shooting number in the past. I listen to the same group you are talking about and will give you a shout when I hear you in there.

One of my Friends that passed away had a cobra 2000 radio that was in good shape. His wife has had it for a number of years but probably won't sell but you never know. You can see his four element beam and tower just across the state line going into Arkansas. You might stop by sometime and ask her if she would be willing to sell.

Hello back 316, mines a similar story, except I lived harleys till my back went south, now through trying to "reinvent myself" I've re found my love of radios.

I found a 2000, currently it's waiting in line at Snake Radios for Tim to mod it, but am on the hunt for 40-60 foot of tower (used but good) instead of the pine tree mount.

I've spoke to the other no handle a few times, seemed like good people. I'll keep an ear open for you out there, 73's. Don

No ssb in the mobile, hunting a base at the moment, thinking strongly about a cobra 2000 with a D104, have found two but they were VERY used and over priced (imho) $350 - $400 so I'm still looking. Don

I would look into a 142GTL and a frequency counter... way more expandable than the 2000, and cheaper

but a better choice would be a 138XLR, awesome radios, insane modulation and very expandable

a better looking , and better built radio is the TRC-458 or better yet the TRC-457, they are nearly identical to the 138XLR, BUT they look awesome

if you really have your heart set on a vintage base go for a Uniden 858 chassis... they are one of the best radios out there and they are VERY expandable... (the 138XLR, TRC-458/7 are ALL u 858 chassis)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.