• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello world, (first post/intro)

KD8LWX

Aug 17, 2009
This is my first post. I just wanted to say hi.

Basic info:
I am new to this forum and new to ham. (So yes, I am clueless.)

I am living in the DC area. Anyone local?

Thinking about joining a club. You will see a post about this.

I got into ham because I spend a good bit of time on the water or in the woods alone. You will see me posting about APRS.

I purchased a VX-8R. So you can expect a lot of dumb questions out of me.

Howdy new hammy
4869.gif
welcome to the forum and to ham land.

Good luck and have fun with radios!

interview.gif

Don't worry about asking dumb questions...we all do that. Sometimes we give dumb answers, too. ;) Welcome to the hobby and congrats on the new amateur license!

Hey welcome to the forum! Lots of good info and people on here. I am out here in DC as well just across the river in Virginia. There are a few clubs out here. What area are you in?

Hey welcome to the forum! Lots of good info and people on here. I am out here in DC as well just across the river in Virginia. There are a few clubs out here. What area are you in?

I should mention that I am new to the DC area also. I live in Alexandria, VA and work on the other side the river in Maryland.

I would love to hear about the clubs in the club thread or PM if you prefer. Being new to VA, and HAM, I am not sure if I want to join a club or not. I am not really a joiner, just to join something. When I join something it is usually to support a function or to be part of an event, get access to....

Hey..

Welcome aboard..

You found a good site..
Many good people and good info here..

No need to worry about dumb questions...

Only TRUE Dumb question..
Are those you Know the answer to already...LOL

Don't worry about asking dumb questions...we all do that. Sometimes we give dumb answers, too. ;) Welcome to the hobby and congrats on the new amateur license!
I second that.

As far as asking dumb questions goes, one of my elmers likes to put it this way - The DUMBEST Question Is THE ONE THAT IS NEVER ASKED.

So don't be bashful. Let us know if you need help. While one person may not have the answer t your question, someone else always will. :)

Again welcome to Ham Radio & enjoy the hobby.

Cheers & 73 :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.