• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help ID these mods

Rcr619

Apr 21, 2015
I forgot I had these radios until I started cleaning my basement. I figure these are modded for extra channels since they are 23 channel radios, but I can't seem to figure out how they work.
If I can't do anything with them I'll just sell them.

The first is a Realistic TRC-57 ssb

This dial has a power switch but the dial doesn't click between the numbers. It just turns.

Inside the box

Extended frequency mods? Usually tune the radio to the blank spot on the dial between 22 & 23. (22A) Then work the stuff on the box to get it to go elsewhere. Almost need a frequency counter to really see where you end up at.

Reactions: 222DBFL
some one went through a lot of work to do these mods, sadly the solder work is rather sloppy but they had good intentions when done. wires could have been routed a lot neater but yes it looks like a bunch of channel mods to me also. and yes you need a freq counter to see just what channels each position takes you to. you can write them all down and you will know where they take you.I had a old pierce simpson radio I added channels to for the rest of the 40's 11 meter band and it worked out just fine using crystals since all the original channels were off crystals.

Reactions: LeapFrog
I have a cheap chinese frequency counter here that should work. I just have to figure out where to tap into for the counter to get the signal.

I agree Sonoma, the solder work is definitely not the best, looking at it again tonight I'm actually surprised they haven't all broken and separated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.