• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help Indoors CB Antenna

woodchuck

Dec 27, 2008
Kansas
My CB buddy is in a situation where he cannot have a antenna outside of his apartment he has tried the one and only firestick indoors antenna that is not working for him we have tried to ground it but still luck does anyone have any ideas to help us get him back on the CB.thanks

It's tough if you want to talk on the radio - but the apartment rules don't allow for an antenna on the building. But I think you may run into another problem if you transmit from inside - as you plan. If you transmit from inside your apartment - you may well be throwing a lot of RF into adjoining apartments. Then the fun will begin again anew. You might even get thrown out of the place. I've heard of this before, and have known people who have - many years ago.

Have you considered putting your effort into a mobile radio station? The apartment managers can't give you grief for that - just be sure to do it off the apartment property. This situation can also allow you to drive out to the tallest hills in your area and talk for miles - even if skip conditions aren't in. On days with skip present, you can have a real ball!

Does your friend have windows that open? If so, how would the manager feel about putting a flag out that window? It isn't that difficult to 'load' something like that. Not going to be the best antenna around, but it'll certainly work.
- 'Doc

Mag mount stuck to a large cooky sheet or similar large steel pan next to a window or stuck to radiator which are usualy next to a window. Even a fridge or stove!!

Mag mount stuck to a large cooky sheet or similar large steel pan next to a window or stuck to radiator which are usualy next to a window. Even a fridge or stove!!

I had a Wilson 1000 mag on a window unit for while. Never could get the SWR's down under 2:1. I gave up trying to half-ass it and got my IMAX.:D

IMHO, I would scan in the apt and xmit in the mobile.

yeah he has a nice setup in his truck but he has a real nice cobra 2000 going to waste you know.We have tried everything I can talk to him fine but he gets frustrated when I am picking up people 20 to 30miles away.

Thanks for all the advice guy's I will relay the messages to Ranchand he has built several antennas out of aluminum poles and such even a aluminum baking pan with antenna tuner like I said I can hear him fine but I live just 2miles away from him.who knows he might just invent the second indoor antenna.;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio