• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help Me Decide

CTStallion

Aug 29, 2010
Connecticut
Until now, the 'best' 10M / 11M Vertical(s) I have run are:

Midland 1/2 wave end fed vertical (aluminum)

Imax 2000 (fiberglass)

Shakespeare ABS-1600 Army Stick (fiberglass): currently in use

With all the hoopla over the Sirio GainMaster I have been considering a new vertical for 10-12 meters, but I don't know which one.

Some contenders are:

Sirio GainMaster (just so I can see for myself if it lives up to it's claims)
Interceptor 10-K (same reasoning, just to see if it's 'all that & a bag of chips')
Maco V-5000 or V-58 (I don't run much power so doesn't matter)
Custom Zero Five 5/8 Wave 10M Antenna (approx $350, but probably the last antenna I'd ever need); found here on YouTube: YouTube - ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 METER 5/8THS WAVE VERTICAL ANTENNA WWW.ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS.COM

Which would YOU choose, and WHY???

that gain master is getting lots of flowers on a few forums , but i think its about $200ish delivered . if i already had a moni before i put that much (or more) into another omni id put it in a set of 3 element beams and a used rotor myself

The 05 looks interesting, nothing special but well constructed with exception to those cheesy set screws for mounting at the base, my wolf .64 was setup identical to that and in the 3 years I had it up I had drill new holes and re-tap the threads because the walls of the mounting tube are to thin to drill and tap and have it hold up due to the length of the antenna and the wind load on those screws just blows them out and I finally wound up just drilling a hole clear through the mounting tube and the mast and just put one long bolt clear through it and problem solved.

Your other choices are from cheap to highly priced for a good antenna and you won't notice any decernable difference between any of your selection from a performance stand point.

id choose the maco v5000.its a time tested design. it will handle
a modest amount of power. and the average blue collar man
can afford it. without .
now if ya wanted something that handled high winds and insane amount
of power then id say the I10k,.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.