• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help me identify this base antenna

Ok, I figured thats was the way i needed to adjust was shorter. I know with smaller whips on the wilsons and such they suggest 1/4" adjustments at a time. Is that still the same on a antenna this long? Or should i start shortening it by 1/2" or more at a time between readings?

That is indeed the A.S. Supermag!! I havent seen one of them in years, I had one years ago that I got off a house in the town I grew up in, I seen it all the time while passing the particular house on that side of town. I watched it for years and finally stopped there one day when they were having a rummage sail and pointed at it and asked about it.

They said it has been there for years or since they bought the house and they didnt know what it was for but there was cable that ran all the way to the basement for it. I asked them about it and they said I could come take it down and have it and all the RG8U coax cable that was with it I just had to take it down and undo all the coax. I thought how cool and said sure I got bit all taken down and cable untucked and wound up and had a friend that needed a base antenna so I borrowed it out and never seen it again :( They are great antennas they work very well.

I recognized that bad boy because it's the first thing I bought with the first paycheck from my first paying summer job in 1974. A lot of firsts there. I ran out to Electronic Communications in Cross Lanes WV and bought it and 50 feet of RG-8. Until then I was using a mobile antenna taped to a broom stick. lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.