• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help me make my first ssb dx contact?

www.cbgazette.com/ssb.html

Maybe it will help explain things better then I can. 27.385 is the most popular frequency. Turn your clarifier to 12 o clock and your RF power up. Listen to see if you hear anyone, then just make up a number, give your location and that you are looking to make contact. Listen to 38 lsb when skip is rolling to hear how others do it.

how close are ya to me? i am out here in the strawberry fields,,,, should be close enough to make a contact,,, as of this moment though 12 midnight i have every thing unhooked but can be back on tomorrow about noon,,,, i monitor 19 locally but can get on ssb,,,,,

Im getting into this cb thing alot I think, I should have setup a home base unit also or least research and find out what sort of home antenna to get and power supply ( I got one of those 30A 12V DC units )so that I can run my rig indoors with perhaps a modest discreet outdoor antenna. I live in an HOA, so cannot rig a massive one outside somewhere visible, then again I have a aluminuium caged pool, with high peaks perhasp might work with a no ground plane antenna. Need to study more.

A lot of ops in Tampa,,should be easy to hear one on 27.385,,ch 38 LSB
Group of locals in Daytona late night you might be able to hear them.
Good luck and you will enjoy SSB lots of fun.

The skip has been very good the last several weeks. If your in the mobile just go to 38 LSB in the evening and give a shout, you should have no problems.

Hi,
I'm in Central FL (Lake County)

I made a Maryland contact the other day while using my mobile!

My first one on SSB, and it was on 38 LSB!

Reactions: wavrider
CB is dead quiet down here. The skip keeps it interesting. I occasionally pick up central and north Florida, but they are typically too close.

Let folks know what numbers you're going to go by so they can give you a holler back if they hear you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.