• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP!! NEED HELP WITH DAK X STOPPED TX????

dougiefresh

Feb 4, 2014
ok i have this dak x ,... and i know its a pos in a fancy box,... i am very mechanically inclined and an ex gm technician ,... that said i am not a radio tech but i am trying to get this thing working again,.... so heres the problemo
radio was transmitting no problem 4 watts swinging 12 am and i hooked up a turner expander 500 mike to it ,...wired it correctly was working ok for a while ,.. then i got new tubes and i was setting tube bias and all of the sudden now my audio goes out the external speaker jack,.. its like i key up and the radio is a p.a. system now i see wattage barely moving the needle on wattmeter,.. i hear myself in annother radio on dummy load on same channel so it puts out SOMETHING but its like half a watt at most ,.. now prior to this the audio/power supply board heat sink was SUPER hot all the time too hot to touch even so i was planning on rebuilding that ,....so my question is could it be that i popped the audio board and thats why i got no output??? would i still see a carrier or no?? right now i have audio board out and i got all new nte stuff for it so its going to be all new ,.... is this my ONLY problem you think?? any help will be appreciated thank you -- dougiefresh

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.