• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with enzec results

rumblefish

KD2NDZ
Nov 26, 2011
Point Pleasant NJ
I was toying around with the downloadable version of enzec. I brought up the first elevated radial system in the menu box provided by the program.
I then converted the antenna to 27 mhz. I set the antenna height at 8.5 ft. I set the radial length to 6ft. It showed a typical 1/4 wave pattern.
As I brought the radials up toward the main radiator. There was an angle somewhere past 45 degrees that resulted in just ridiculously high gain numbers. 15 dbi @ 21 degrees elevation and 3 dbi @ 2 degrees.
I can't seem to post the results here. They're in a pf. format ? These gain figures fell away very quickly if any of the lengths or angle was changed. WTF did I do?? I have to find some way of posting them here on the forum.

rumblefish, I think the Eznec files generated are stored within the program folders, and you can't do a normal cut and paste, or print eznec results of screen image results to another program...directly from Eznec. I think this is a waste of time for the Eznec user, and it also waste ink, but the process is pretty simple. There may be a better way that some folks do this, but nobody has talked about it to me.

Here is what I do. I print out the image(s) from the model I want to post. I then scan these to my computer using the PDF multi-page scanner feature on my printer. I can also us the printer platen if I just what to add a single image on the forum. Then I use the Jpeg printer feature to get the image on my computer, and post it from there.

Once on the computer, I add the image file(s) to my post in WWDX using the PDF feature provided for on the forum.

Again, you can also scan to the computer using the printers Jpeg feature, then follow the same routine on the forum for adding an image(s) to your post.

Note: if I was to send you one of my whole Exnec models, using my upgraded version with 500 segments allowed, you might not be able to open it...unless I purposefully made the model within the Eznec Demo's segments limitations of 25 segments...like the version you are using.

I hope I made myself clear here. If you have questions, just ask. I encourage you to press on.

Last edited:
Eddie, try image capture software,
I have used "snagit" for years but I'm sure there are many more similar maybe better programs ,
you drag a square / oblong around whatever you want to capture on the screen, capture + save the image.

You should consider looking in to 4NEC2. It is completely free, and has more options as well as none of the limits of EZNEC. Plus, any of its screens can be saved to an image directly. I also found it much easier than EZNEC.

The DB

You should consider looking in to 4NEC2. It is completely free, and has more options as well as none of the limits of EZNEC. Plus, any of its screens can be saved to an image directly. I also found it much easier than EZNEC.

The DB

DB, the subject never came up, but I had the suspicion that you were posting jpeg images directly from 4nec2.

To be honest DB, I don't think, if I even tried to understand and work Eznec these days, from the get go I suspect I would have some problems getting to first base. :unsure:

Eddie, try image capture software, I have used "snagit" for years but I'm sure there are many more similar maybe better programs , you drag a square / oblong around whatever you want to capture on the screen, capture + save the image.

Bob, I use to try and use PrtScn into Paint, but the results I got were always dubious, or the images were way too big for the forum.

I just hope rumblefish is able to understand my words above and is able to progress. Maybe he should take-up db'r suggestion to me...and try and use 4nec2.

Thanks for your suggestion too. I will look into snagit, the name sounds exactly like what I need to do.

Snipping Tool

Thank you 02. I'll try this and post my results if it will get me around having to print out all my results for the forum using a cut and paste sort of procedure.

Again the name sounds like what I want to do, and unlike SnagIt, it may be free.

I made a new thread and posted directly into the forum from Eznec using Windows Snipping Tool.

The image is not quite as clear as my process using printed images out of Eznec and posting using the forums feature for PDF files or Jpeg files, but the Windows Snipping Tool works like a champ.

I will also report later on my using Snagit like Bob recommended.

Last edited:
I made a new thread and posted directly into the forum from Eznec using Windows Snipping Tool.

The image is not quite as clear as my process using printed images out of Eznec and posting using the forums feature for PDF files or Jpeg files, but the Windows Snipping Tool works like a champ.

I will also report later on my using Snagit like Bob recommended.

This the best I could do for photos.

Attachments

• exp1.jpg
    exp1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 5
  • exp2.jpg
    exp2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 2
  • exp3.jpg
    exp3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4
  • exp4.jpg
    exp4.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 4
  • exp5.jpg
    exp5.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4
  • exp6.jpg
    exp6.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 2
  • exp7.jpg
    exp7.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Guys,

As soon as you have one of those (or any other "plot") on screen...
(the one in my previous posting)

In the top bar you will find "edit"...
underneath "edit" there is;
copy plot and data...

click on it...

then go to this forum...enter your message
and press the right mouse button..
Now press "paste"...

I hope that is the correct word (mine is in Dutch.)
It worked in the test :)

rumblefish, Henry is right.

If any window view in Eznec has "Edit" in the top task bar, just click the word "Edit" and another window will open. In this window click on "Copy Plot" or "Copy Plot + Data."

Then go to the Forum where you want to post the image and type "Ctrl and V" keys together and this will paste the image...just like Henry describes. If you have Windows 10 and maybe other versions, it has a small program called "Snipping Tool." With this tool you can capture anything on your computer screen...just by pre-selecting (Capture) the image or area of the screen you like. Then use the "Ctrl+V" keys together, and wa-la you have the image pasted in/on the post you are working on with this Forum.

This way you don't have to mess with pictures.

Not all Views in Eznec provide for this feature however. Example: if an Eznec window does not have the "Edit" feature in the top task bar.

upload_2016-10-21_23-56-21.png

Last edited:
rumblefish, Henry is right.

If any window view in Eznec has "Edit" in the top task bar, just click the word "Edit" and another window will open. In this window click on "Copy Plot" or "Copy Plot + Data."

Then go to the Forum where you want to post the image and type "Ctrl and V" keys together and this will paste the image...just like Henry describes. If you have Windows 10 and maybe other versions, it has a small program called "Snipping Tool." With this tool you can capture anything on your computer screen...just by pre-selecting (Capture) the image or area of the screen you like. Then use the "Ctrl+V" keys together, and wa-la you have the image pasted in/on the post you are working on with this Forum.

This way you don't have to mess with pictures.

Not all Views in Eznec provide for this feature however. Example: if an Eznec window does not have the "Edit" feature in the top task bar.

View attachment 19149

Thanks for the the help. I will try that. 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.