• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with Teaberry Stalker XV NO output

Adamf

Jan 20, 2016
Hi all, I bought a Teaberry Stalker XV knowing that it was a gamble as it was untested. Receive is good but it has NO output AM or SSB. The relay clicks from receive to transmit but no output.The RX light goes off when I key up but the TX light does not come on but that of course could just be that bulb is out, it does appear to go in to TX mode. It has some strange mod on the bottom with a relay attached to 2 points on the main board as you can see (pics attached) and then that is run from the relay to a headphone type jack attached to the outside of the radio. Does anyone know what it is? I may just eliminate it but not sure if that has to do with no output. Looking for any help please. Thanks to all who try. Adam

Attachments

• IMG_6197.JPG
    IMG_6197.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6198.JPG
    IMG_6198.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 11

UPDATE! My mic was bad so SSB does work however NO AM carrier and I found that VR6 which should be to adjust AM output has been removed so this may be an easier fix if someone can tell me what to do for that so that I can get AM output. Thanks for any help. Adam

Adam,
I have a Stalker XV and I use it as my primary base. Mine has no mods and is mint. I will say that everyone I talk with on it tells me it is one of the better sounding radios. I have it paired with a Turner +3. It's recapped and factory output (4w and 12w). It does drive a small heater (Pride 150) when I shoot skip.

I too am curious what the relay and headphone jack are for. Talkback maybe? VR6 is a 5K variable resistor. You can probably grab one from a parts radio if you have one.

Teaberry Stalker XV.jpg

Seems like the original owner was using a desktop or PA microphone..one of the red wires is soldered around the mic audio preamp stage..probably was using a foot switch connected to the radio mic plug..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.