• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

help with yagi 3 element beams newbie to beams

This isn't going to get it done. We need more information!

What beam; how are you feeding it; what is it's configuration; what is it mounted on???

If by "set the swrs", you mean "adjust the antenna for optimum", it's a process of adjusting

a: The feedpoint
b: The lengths of the elements
c: The spacing of the elements
d: The height above average terrain (HAAT) of the antenna

and maybe a few other items, to simultaneously produce a nearly 50 ohm resistive feedpoint impedance, with acceptable forward gain and front-to-back ratio. As Master Chief said, all of this depends on just what sort of yagi you have. Just saying it's a "3 element" beam doesn't tell us much.

As far as "how to quit pickking up radio stations" -- that's what the antenna's SUPPOSED to do when you're not transmitting. Exactly what do you mean?

YellowJacket needs to talk to Youngestman about three element antennas.

I think we are due a lecture about now.

Oh, I don't think it's quite the same thing at all. If 'yellowjacket' will give some more information I think he'll get all, or most of his questions answered. Sounds more like an, "Oh S***, what have I gotten into?" than anything else.
And if I'm wrong, it certainly won't take long to find out - lol.
- 'Doc

Got a question about picking up radio stations. By this I believe you mean commerical radio stations music and such. So i want to know do you have a preamp and is it much worse with the amp on? Also is this worse above 40 (27.405) as you get into the freeband?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.