• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
K i got the whip hooked up to the truck. I have it on a piece of metal that is bent down to the box. I have a wire that is connected to the metal that the antenna is hooked on to down to the frame. I have everything very tight so it makes a ground. But i still cant get out. I have tried everyting. New mics, New coax. The box is bolted strait to the fraim. Will i need ground straps? I can hear for about 5 miles but i cant get out 100 feet. :( Can anyone help me out???? Thanks CDX197

Wont belive this but it was Dead Flat. I tested it out on my Radio shack meter on 20 watts. Set it on SWR and PEP and the meter didnt move a bit. I was told that i was keying up but no one could here me. I tried another mic and it still didnt work :( Im lost!!!

mic

CDX197 said:
well guys i figured out that all i needed was another mic. So its fixed now, Just one simple thing is all it was! :roll:

Dont you hate when that happens :oops:

Ive had worse. One time i had the mic gain turned all the way down. Couldnt figure out why it wasnt working. Then remembered i turned a wrong knob earlier in the day and there was the problem. :oops:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.