• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HF net 75 meters

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
There is a really good net on 3.803 at night from around 10:30pm until whenever. It is a really great group of guys. The cool thing is no matter where everyone is from when the band is good everyone can be heard very well. It is called the Roundtable Net.

The main net is Sat. night. Last Sat. there were over 40 check ins. During the week there is a regular rag-chew session. The Sat. night net is the one I usually go to.

Best advice for 80m is to sit and listen for a while. Particularly if you don't have anything specific to add to the conversation.

They are cliques, just like any other group of people gathered at a bar that know each other for years. It takes time to find the common interests and to make the introductions.

If you dive into a group talking about sheep herding and ask for a 'radio check' on 80, it is highly likely you will get your nose bit off ;-).

3832 in the NE is a generally happy go lucky group that tends to talk radio tech a lot, often most active on weeknights 5-9pm or so before the band 'goes long' . They won't give you crap just for fun, you have to earn it, however they mostly do run power and won't honestly hear you unless you are a solid S5 or better as they tend to be filtered and attenuated. If the band is right for you, they will welcome you in pretty well. It takes a few consistent weeks of you being around before they will remember you at all though...as with most 80 roundtables.

The guys on 3.803 are a laid back group of guys.Everyone is welcome. They don't get involved in politics or argumentative conversations. Just talk about their radios and backgrounds. Share a little about themselves and any Ham projects they may be working on. Last week we had people in there from NM to Canada and Fla to Wash and all over in between. They meet around 10:30 to whenever. On Sat night it is 11:00pm to 1:30am . They talk on anything from boatanchors to the latest rigs. T o show the variety of areas that were present there were calls from 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and VA3 areas on the net. And when the band is good everyone is heard.

Well, I guess they need a check in from 0 land, eh Ron. See if I can remember on Sat to listen in, and see if i Can give them a Colorado station.
Ed KC0PZE

We had one last night Ed :) N0EHQ from Iowa. Had Washington all the way to Florida and in between last night. Conditions started out rough but got better.

There is a Del. QSO Party going on right now. I was told the net should begin around 12:00 unless the contesters quit before then.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.