• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hf schedule

fasteddy

Apr 5, 2005
If anyone is inerested, I will be on 17 meters in about 1 1/2 hours. 23:00 UTC around 18.140. Listen up and give me a call.
Ed
KC0PZE

Yeah the band wasn't all that great here either. I did make a few contacts tho. Brithish Columbia, Florida as the band faded.
Had a JF3 call and had a nice QSO with Nobu in Kato Japan. Had a VK5 call ,but just rotten conditions to AU land. Last contact was with KH6CB, Sonny in Hawaii, I'm sure a lot of the forum members have talked to Sonny on 11 meters :shock: . It is all fun tho thats for sure.
:D
Garth, what freq on 80? I will see if I can hear you and talk to you. Hope the low bands are streched out. Actually 40 might be good for that long of a hop. I know my vertical just loves reaching out to those distant stations.
:LOL:
Hey Joe, why no 80m? Just no antenna or what?
Ed
KC0PZE

fasteddy said:
Yeah the band wasn't all that great here either. I did make a few contacts tho. Brithish Columbia, Florida as the band faded.
Had a JF3 call and had a nice QSO with Nobu in Kato Japan. Had a VK5 call ,but just rotten conditions to AU land. Last contact was with KH6CB, Sonny in Hawaii, I'm sure a lot of the forum members have talked to Sonny on 11 meters :shock: . It is all fun tho thats for sure.
:D
Garth, what freq on 80? I will see if I can hear you and talk to you. Hope the low bands are streched out. Actually 40 might be good for that long of a hop. I know my vertical just loves reaching out to those distant stations.
Hey Joe, why no 80m? Just no antenna or what?
Ed
KC0PZE

Hi Ed

Just can't seem to tune it in.

I run a full wave inverted V at 50 ft but I can't tune 80 in at all, I can listen but the match is pathetic

fasteddy said:

I usually cruise just below the USA phone band. :p .I also spend a fair bit of time 3790-3800 looking for DX. 40m may offer a better path but sometimes the shortwave broadcast QRM is :shock: here on the coast.Why not pick a freq. on either 40m or 80m and I will try and be there at 0500 UTC? 80m tends to be quite busy at that time but something low in the band may not be too bad.You pick the freq. as you are more restricted in your band priviledges than I am.Actually I have no restrictions as to what mode as long as I stay within the band edges. :D

Garth, do you operate any PSK31? That might be the best chance for a QSO that late. I will call CQ DX on 7.070.15 at 05:00 utc, If I get no response I will call on 3.580.15 at around 5 past.
Let me know
Ed
KC0PZE

I do have PSK31 capability and can give it a try.(Oh great ,more typing) LOL. I will be there and give a listen.Better hook up the computer to the rig again I guess. It is no problem,I just unhooked things for something else.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.