• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High Power FET Mobile Amp

Hey Tin-Can,

I e-mailed Skywalker asking for some details on their 600W FET amp including the device part number and line-up together with a photo or two of the inside of the amp and was told they do not divulge this information.

Heck, I'm a potential customer - but not any-more.

If I wanted to copy their amp I'd purchase one and back engineer. I would understand if it was something like this, it would be worth copying:

Javelin004_zpsb47f6c5e.jpg

It is Not Wawasee Electronics out of Indiana, they have been out of the game for years, this is a knock off....they slap any label they want on them so for these they use "Black Cat" like the old JB 12 and JB 150.
Just like Palamar, Palamar Elite, Green lizard, (fake) Boomer`s and a lot of other knock off cheap solid state amps.
Looks like the same case used by the X force guys use for the midnight special amps.

Jeff

Hi Design4,

I imagine then that's a basic 1 driving 4? Something similar or same as the Palomar.

Looks like only Superior Amp's are pushing ahead with the design of relative high power FET mobiles.

I'm still waiting on a response to my second and last mail to the contact there to find out a little more about the measured performance figures before I invest in one.

I'd like to be able to drive it directly from a mobile ham transceiver or if 100w pep is too much a 50w pep CB sidebander.

If anyone knows of anything else out there or in the pipeline please post.

Thanks.

148 Mobile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.