• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

high swr problem need electronics wizard

I pretty much gave up on this thread when I realized it was about pseudoscience with a touch of VooDoo thrown in for good measure. The fact that a "modified" CB radio and amplifier are being used to amplify audio frequencies killed it completely for me to say nothing about the claims that it will cure EVERYTHING known to man.

As my last reply, I can see the original poster is not able to converse at much of any technical level by the random responses he gives.
For example he is 'roughly' describing a GAS filled tube being used as a load.
Does the poster understand the tube presents a low impedance when the gas ionizes?
The question becomes what impedance does it present to the amplifier?
What impedance transformation must be accomplished?
How much power must it dissipate?
HE HAS NO IDEA and we could not even guess.
Besides the questionable use of this emitted light and any radiation, he is not in a position to play with these things, lacking any technical background.
I have experience with Gas tubes as noise generators used in microwave devices having built and tested them in proper equipment..
They are powered with DC and emit light and wide band noise from the random ionized current action in the gas discharge.
The color and other attributes depends on the gas or mix placed in the tube.
Good luck and give it up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.