• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hm-36 clone mic - Nevet seen this one before

mroneeyedboh

Mar 9, 2014
I have been reading about the hm-36 clone mics and the mods that are available to make them a little better. Anyway, I have yet to see this board on any sites. Also, there is some terrible soldering going on here too...

2pt9caa.jpg

2z9jgwh.jpg

ya, that's different than my hm-36 clones,, mine actually work very well as they are, mine have a 3 wire electret element, and it is mounted in the upper position in the mic, not where yours is located,, mine came in a original looking icom box with made in japan on the bottom,, I figured they had to be clones because they were only about $29

Yeah not sure whats what... Im still waiting for my Optima from ebay. Yeah Welcome to eBay haha. doesnt happen much anymore but still here and there. Can you link me to the seller where you bought yours from?

mine came from cw-man and came in an original looking icom box with made in japan on the box., he doesn't have any listed right now but you might wana e-mail him and ask about them

cw-man on eBay

I see e-bay also has an original china made hm-36 for $30 or best offer,,, but the ones I got from cw-man are the best hm-36 mics I have had,, sound better than the originals

Damn that thing looks funny haha. Different style mic versus the HM-36?

edited: Duster, I think you said ( somewhere on the forums ) that one mc-46 mic is the same one Dave at Yeticom uses?

Last edited:
Damn that thing looks funny haha. Different style mic versus the HM-36?

edited: Duster, I think you said ( somewhere on the forums ) that one mc-46 mic is the same one Dave at Yeticom uses?

Dave has both the hand and desk mics. He's stated that they both elicit great unsolicitedreports. I prefer the hand mic. I tested the desk mic for a few days. It also got great reports, but the coiled mic cord is goofy looking. If I owned one I would swap the cord for a straight one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.