• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homebrew Beam for 11 meter (27.3850)

8113 Northern MN

Aug 9, 2013
Virginia,MN
Anyone have some good step by step instructions for building a good beam for 11 meter. I currently am running a Imax 2000 on top of a telescoping tripod tower. My plan is to build a beam and mount it horizontally underneath the Imax into a switch box so I can switch back and forth between the two.

So looking for anyone who might have a good plan for one laying around. Any help is greatly appreciated!

How to make a 2 element yagi. Boom length a little over 7.56' as the two elements-reflector and driven element- are 7.56' apart, giving you an impedance of 50 ohms. Driven element length 17.2' broken in the middle and insulated from boom. Reflector 18.06' need not be insulated from boom. Wind ugly balun and mount on boom and insulated from boom. Directions for ugly balun all over internet and for 11 meters consists of about 8' of coax wound on 2" pvc pipe. Hook coax to balun and other end of balun to the driven element. Gives a little over 4 db gain, better than a hex beam but not as good as a quad. Used one of these for many years on 20 meters. Good luck, wb0snf

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Anyone have some good step by step instructions for building a good beam for 11 meter. I currently am running a Imax 2000 on top of a telescoping tripod tower. My plan is to build a beam and mount it horizontally underneath the Imax into a switch box so I can switch back and forth between the two.

So looking for anyone who might have a good plan for one laying around. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Look up Mower Junkie on YouTube, he has a lot of homebrew beam Ideas and shows how to build them. That's where I got the plans for my homebrew antenna

Reactions: Woody-202 and TM86
The original poster hasn't been on here for several years 2016 I think it was.
I guess the topic is still relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: BC Coyote

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.