• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hooker 200 Amplifier schematic

jim mcfarlin

Jun 25, 2015
Hi i recently got a Hooker 200 amp and the preamp was not working on it the peraon i got it from had just replaced the transistors and he didnt watch witch way he installed them and i sure it hasburned the transistor out am needing a schematic diagram for it so i can get the transistor in the correct position
Thanks

If the rest of the amp is working I would not bother with the Receive Boost. They usually are just noise amplifiers and do not assist in better receiving.
If the rest of the amp is working I would not bother with the Receive Boost. They usually are just noise amplifiers and do not assist in better receiving.

Well my prob is every time i flip the linear on with preamp off i lose rec and even with turning it off and fliping the preamp on i lose rec also so to use the amp i have to flip it on to use its transmit then shut it off to get my ec back and the relays are both working i can see them open and close anyone have any ideas

Well my prob is every time i flip the linear on with preamp off i lose rec and even with turning it off and fliping the preamp on i lose rec also so to use the amp i have to flip it on to use its transmit then shut it off to get my ec back and the relays are both working i can see them open and close anyone have any ideas
Sounds like a bad relay in the receive circuits, or the relay is pulled in to transmit even with out a carrier present. It does sound like maybe the keying circuit is locked on.
Take some pictures of the insides and give me something to work with.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.