• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do I use the quote button??

Logan

May 6, 2005
I'm not exactly computer savvy, but for the past few days I'm been trying to use the quote button for quotes, and I just can't get it right. Can someone explain step by step in laymans terms, what do I do after I hit the quote button, when trying to capture a quote ?. Or do I have to type the whole sentence, then hit quote?. Thanks for any info.

Logan said:
I'm not exactly computer savvy, but for the past few days I'm been trying to use the quote button for quotes, and I just can't get it right. Can someone explain step by step in laymans terms, what do I do after I hit the quote button, when trying to capture a quote ?. Or do I have to type the whole sentence, then hit quote?. Thanks for any info.

hit the quote button and type in what you want in the reply section. it automatically quotes it all but if you just want to qote a sentance than you need to deleate everything but what you want saved. you need no keep the info in the brackets (your html code)

hit the quote button and type in what you want in the reply section............
This is a test, hey Carl, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I had to hit preview to stop it from quoting the whole sentence, thats when quote showed up in brackets with a slash line / .

Thanks a bunch Carl, you are indeed smart.

I had to hit the preview to stop it from quoting the whole sentence, thats when quote showed up in brackets, with a slash line / .

Thanks a bunch Carl, you are indeed smart.

This time instead of hitting preview to stop it from quoting myself, I hit the quote button itself again, and it ended the quote, fabulous.

Now I'm wondering, why can't they make a quote feature where all I have to do is "Highlight" the text (Kind of like copy and Pasting), hit the quote button, and WA LA !

It would certainly save typing on real long quotes. But I learned something new today, and that's rad.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to make it say "Carl wrote", or Logan wrote, instead of just "Quote".

Look in the upper right-hand corner of the post that you are reading. You will see another quote button that looks like this:
icon_quote.gif

Click on this button to quote directly from that post.

Rich

cloquet, mn local weather

in order to speed up the copy and pasting you can highlight the url in the address bar that you want to copy and hit ctrl c, that copys, and to paste the link its control v, thats windows standerd for copy and paste, you will see this will allow you to paste in messaging programs, emails like hotmail where it is not allowed, and irc for posting a link.

try it, its simple

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.