• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How does the 757GX measure up to the modern stuff?

Streetglideok

Jan 11, 2010
Colorado
Just getting into HF, and picked up an old yaesu 757gx for cheap online. Just curious how it compares to the newer stuff, whether it be the ft450D, IC718 or IC7200, or kenwood 480? Obviously filtering is improved, but how is rejection, receive, etc?

Use it and enjoy it. You'll have alot of googling to do if you want to compare performance specs. And really it's like asking about the performance differences between a 1980 Ford F-150 and a new one.

Reactions: binrat
Right now, I'm not sure she is working 100%. Part of it is my apartment living, part of it may be radio. Noise blanker, etc, when I push the buttons, I hear no change whatsoever. The preamp works at least, but I think I may need to have it looked at and gone over. So with that, I'm contemplating just upgrading to a 450, 718 or 7200. Think the 480sat would be a lil steep at the moment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.