• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How is the GPS activated with the FTM-350AR?

fuzzbucket

Jan 19, 2011
I am not able to activate the internal GPS that I installed on my FTM-350. I can not bring up the menu that allows you to activate it. According to the manual it should come up in the display menu (CO-1). The GPS option never appears in this menu. Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong

A simple question. Did you plug the ribbon cable into the correct slot? If you didn't that would be the problem. I know that some people have slid the ribbon into a space in the board and not installing it. When the ribbon is plugged in you should still see part of the end. If it went in really easy then look for a smaller slot. Notice the small slot on the bottom right. That is where it should go. It is a little hard to push in but be careful not to push too hard or you will damage it.

moleculo-albums-yaesu-ftm-350-picture1500-fgps-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I did push the ribbon into that small slot. What I was wondering is if the GPS option comes up only if a GPS antenna is installed or does the enable option come up all the time?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio