• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many hams on the Worldwide Radio Forum?

had my ticket about 6 months now. took the tech missed the first question. (a little nervous huh?) took the general passed it. took the extra (never opened a book or looked at the question pool) failed miserably only got 15 right. oh well i am a general looking to upgrade in the future. got lots of hf to work now tho. my call is kj4dul look me up all info is correct on qrz. hopefully i will have a uhf repeater up soon. i have all the equiptment just looking for the right location now. when up frequency is 444.400 no tone. south central kentucky, lake cumberland area. give it a shout when your close by. local 2 meter reoeater is 146.640 big footprint. may catch me there. run simplex on 146.535, also got an echolink node. check me out sometime on echolink kj4dul.

73's my friends and happy holidays

almost forgot, anyone looking to get a ticket or upgrade, go to qth and take the practice tests. its a great way to learn and see the actual questions you will see on the test. when you check which test you want, just make sure you pick wait for correct answer, this way you can learn which answer is the right one. also if you take tests 1-8 you should see all the questions on the question pool, this way you will have seen any question combination that they may throw at you.
good luck
hope to hear you on the bands
kj4dul

Most hams I have met think they are SPECIAL.. they started with CB and now they think CBer's are low lifes..not all are JERKS,, but I would say from my experience 60% are.. what a bunch of low lifes.. Doug N7JGN

Most hams I have met think they are SPECIAL.. they started with CB and now they think CBer's are low lifes..not all are JERKS,, but I would say from my experience 60% are.. what a bunch of low lifes.. Doug N7JGN

Sheesh, that all you do? Wife not giving you any? That time of the month?

Mr. Doug...
I think you will find that this forum is a place where all forms of radio are discussed, and there is a nice mix of CB'ers, HAM's, SWL Listeners, Scanner hounds...et...al that frequent this place.
"YES"....you are correct in your general assesment of "SOME" ham's, however I don't find your percentage very accurate.
For the most part we all get along on this forum no matter what form of the radio hobby we enjoy, and you will find that many here enjoy more than one form. In other words, some of the HAM's here are also CB'ers.

This is the second place you have expressed your dislike of amateur radio operators, your opinion is welcomed, however I believe this particular opinion is only going to create issues if you continue to beat it out on here.....

Just some friendly advice from a friendly HAM.....;)

You know what they say. Birds of a feather flock together so maybe you start looking for another flock to hang with. :D

Mr. Doug...
I think you will find that this forum is a place where all forms of radio are discussed, and there is a nice mix of CB'ers, HAM's, SWL Listeners, Scanner hounds...et...al that frequent this place.
"YES"....you are correct in your general assesment of "SOME" ham's, however I don't find your percentage very accurate.
For the most part we all get along on this forum no matter what form of the radio hobby we enjoy, and you will find that many here enjoy more than one form. In other words, some of the HAM's here are also CB'ers.

This is the second place you have expressed your dislike of amateur radio operators, your opinion is welcomed, however I believe this particular opinion is only going to create issues if you continue to beat it out on here.....

Just some friendly advice from a friendly HAM.....;)

And as another friendly ham I have to agree 100% with what N2ITH said.We all manage to get along quite well here until someone starts to stir the pot over and over and soon things start to boil over. Nobody wants that.

I think we have more Hams than CBers here on the "WWRF".
Best thing about that, is that they all pretty much get along and respect each others side of the hobby. The Hams invariably teach the CBers more than they knew about radio to begin with. Some CBers go on to becoming Hams out of their own volition; while other CBers just enjoy CB. Radio is a hobby; so respect that space!

I got my start in CB ...if it wasnt for CB I wouldnt have my ham ticket today.

Started with a Royce 641 with a few extra channels,and run that for years...moved up to a SIltronix 1011D and run that for a long time till I ended up at a hams radio hut to get a radio worked on and I saw a Kenwood 850 on his desk.

I asked him how do I get one of those ? He threw a CQ mag in my lap and the rest is history

Personally I have no problem with CBers never have never will over all,it is that very small group of CBers that ...well I wont rant here :whistle:

This forum I am glad to say has a very nice mix of hams and CBers that if nothing else agree to disagree on almost any radio related issue

There is a wealth of knowlage here that if you ask folks will be happy to share with you wether you are Cber or ham.....

yes you can actually learn something here :w00t:

Hell of a forum guys !! ;)

Full (advanced) UK licence, not really much of a contester but I'd call into a net if someone sets one up. I used to listen to a US net on 14.240 years ago, not heard it for a long time now though :(

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.