• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How much is this worth?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
My brother gave me an old Cobra 148GTL...the good ones with the mic plug on the side. The case is scratched up, the faceplate is dirty, but....

...the inside is virgin. From what I can tell, I was the first and only person to even crack the case open. Inside looks like it's as clean as when it left the factory.

What does everyone think I can sell this for?

Put it on ebay.Make sure you say that even tho it looks a little used on the outside that inside its never been touched.Virgin 148's are very hard to come by so i would think you could get good money for one.If nothing else put new covers on it if that could be a problem with getting the money you want.I would give you your price for it but my wife said if i buy another radio she is going to cut me off!

My question would be.......Why do you want to sell it?

I know we sometimes collect clutter BUT this radio sounds like a true find ;) ..Why not spoil yourself,clean it up and see what it can do for you :) :) ;) Then if you get bored with it...like all things in life put that price on it...you know 148s can bring top $$$..especially one coming from a "Reputable person" ;)

Just me and my "BIG MOUTH"........

Snoope back hiding in the snow...........

Rare Breed man...I got a friend that bought one long ago...one of the good ones...he gave it to me for a peak and tune. It would have been like raping a virgin...so I gave it back in stock condition since it was as good as it was going to get.

There are a few out there...just a few.

I'd sure like to have one like that.

stretch the wheelbase of the truck ... better ride...does it make it easier to back up...might be hard at first to back up...i could get used to it...having a 42' or 45' trailer helps...is it considered cool...to me yes very cool 8) but i'm old school...

HNY... :beer
santa

Also alot of stretched trucks pull flatbeds and haul loooong steel. It hangs way over the front of the trailer in some cases. I agree with Santa too......Thats a sweet ride

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.