• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to convert X Force amp to 220V

It will probably need a new power transformer with a 220 primary and the results would not be worth it.

How many transformers are in 2x8? If it has 2, you maybe able to put each one on a seperate 110v. But if its a single transformer, your out of luck.

You could put each hot leg of transformer on seperate 110 leg and tie the neutrals together and go to a neutral or ground. The proper way would be use a 4 wire plug. So that you have seperate neutral and ground. But a lot of people don't.

Best way is to rectify each transformer then connect to capacitors. Check voltage before you hook transistor supply leads to cap bank. Should float around 19V. Don't worry. It will drop down to around 14 when you load up.

Your better off going with a tube amp for base use with that kinda wattage.

I've used this amp for 6 years with no issues. I just thought that a swap to 220v would make life a little easier for it.... By the way I have a Jon Boy box on the way :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.