• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to run a 95T to talk ssb?

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
Im new to the side band thing and i have tried a few times but im not sure how to set my 95T talk well and be heard clearly on ssb.Where should i set the mike gain and the dead key?The radio will key from 8 watts to 50 watts and swing to around 200.Should i run a low dead key with lots of swing or a high dead key with a little swing?

on ssb you want full power so set rf power to 1/2 or full.
mic gain ajust till you see full power when talking normal.
if you have a power mic turn it all the way own then open it just a little like 1/8 or 1/4 turn. then ajust on radio.

hope that helps you some other than setting the rf power at higher levels then normal than on AM. its the same without the carrier.

hope that helps you out. the mic gain settings are the same for AM aswell. or at least this is how i do it. :)

I run mine with the RF power wide open and the mic gain at 3 o'clock. I get nothing but great reports with mine. About 200 watts out on SSB. You want to turn on the 6th digit on your counter and set it to 0. Lets say you want to talk to someone on channel 38. Your counter should read 27.3850 Then use the clarifier to tune into their voice as well as you can. They should then be able to hear you well too.

Don't forget to start with your clarifier at 12:00 and maybe try a busy channel like 38 LSB. It won't take much of a twist on the clarifier so be careful or you won't hear anything. Last, SSB has no dead key, it's all modulation driven and swing wattage.

I don't run the 95T, but I do run the 2970dx and I run my radio a little differently.

I run the radio output close to 60 watts all the time and run the mic up about 3/4's and that's it. Very rarely do I ever run it pass 100 watts, even tho it will do 200...this is the way I use it for SSB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.