• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Htx-100

triple nickle

Dec 7, 2009
Heart of the Ozarks Nixa Mo.
Ok i read the poat on the HTX-10 and i thank everyone's input on the info. And here is my question. Can you convert a HTX-100 to 11 meters on that with out alot of trouble ??? I know there are an excellent 10 meter radio on SSB but right now i dont have my ham license but i will be getting that here soon ( i had knee surgery on my r/knee this last Tues. ) so i am in the process of getting my handbook to study. Wont be back in my semi-truck until the last wk on Jan. OK back to my question ( sorry my mind wonders sometimes lol ) Is it possible to convert the HTX-100 to 11 meters ?? Thank you. and Merry Christmas.

This one makes a great radio unlike the HTX-10 which maybe the reason for Radio Shack making the HTX-10 unmodifiable for MARS frequencies :w00t:

The HTX100 will cover from about 26.000MHz to 29.700MHz but remember, the only two modes of operation on a HTX100 is Upper Side Band and CW (Morse Code) it is not an all mode radio like the smaller HTX10

I've read a mod that will add LSB to the HT-100, but will lose the CW mode.
What about a Chipswitch? Would they work in the HTX-100?

I have seen an adjustment that would allow you to retain the CW mode, but would be Lower Sideband instead of Upper Sideband... It's been a very long time since I looked at that mod, and put it away. I like that radio too much for 10m SSB to do something like that to it.

The radio should take a chipswitch, but would not gain any other modes from it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.