• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hurry-cains, and Helpers

Looks pretty much like traveling up the west coast.

213811_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

That's what the news is saying here up the West coast but FL is only around 110 miles from coast to coast with exception of the pan handle so going be storm surges and flooding on both coasts, and to top it off getting rained on now by the Nor Easter we have.

Odd, how far inland this thing is projected to go.

A couple days ago, I had suggested that Floridians head to North East Alabama, because I figured that it would be far from the path. Looks like I was wrong!

Usually, hurricanes lose power on land. I hope that holds true with this one.

Odd, how far inland this thing is projected to go.

A couple days ago, I had suggested that Floridians head to North East Alabama, because I figured that it would be far from the path. Looks like I was wrong!

Usually, hurricanes lose power on land. I hope that holds true with this one.

It IS going to lose strength as soon at it encounters land but the eye is going straight up the west coast so not really much landfall there and it drops from a Cat. 4 to merely tropical storm status within about 200 miles of landfall. Considering Irma is still over 500 miles in diameter that's a pretty fast decline in strength.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.