• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hustler 2537 - .64 wave ground plane omnidirectional base antenna

Rick330man

WDX 404
Mar 16, 2013
Florida Keys
Is anyone using this for their 11 meter CB base antenna?

I remember them having a bit of a loyal following among the CB crowd 30 years ago or so. I was surprised to see that they are still around, but being sold as a 10 or 12 meter band antenna - kind of like the Super Penetrator, the Starduster and other "golden age of CB" aluminum antennas being brought back to life.

Only rated at 300w and unable to be mounted atop most push-up masts since the smallest top section (on mine) are all 1 3/8" and this only allows a max of 1.25" according to the webpage I read.
For the money I'd choose a Penetrator

The 300 watts is not a problem on this end. I'm operating at the legal maximum for CB - 4 watts AM and 12 on SSB. A clean signal with an efficient antenna will make me happy. Think of it as my "good neighbor" policy.

I've got 20' of galvanized 1" plumbing pipe to use for a mast and a brand new Hustler 2537 sitting in the box. I'll wait for my IMAX 2000 to die and then make the switch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.