• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I am throwing this out there. . .

crmzendrgone

CB newbie
Nov 29, 2010
M town Arizona
Ok I am really curious if it is feesable, pausable to run 2 Cbs in a vehicle, Why you may ask, I was thinking being able to listen to multiple channels at once.

Again just curious. I want to learn as much as I can and won't if I don't ask. :redface:

Ok I am really curious if it is feesable, pausable to run 2 Cbs in a vehicle, Why you may ask, I was thinking being able to listen to multiple channels at once.

Again just curious. I want to learn as much as I can and won't if I don't ask. :redface:

simple, have 2 antennas.

Yeah, you 'could', but you'd probably have to turn one off when u wanted to transmit on the other. A better way perhaps wou be to either get a DUAL Watch rig, or a scanning transceiver (like a ham rig, or the new Cobra 29 LE), etc.

I don't know if they still make them, but there used to be something known as a CB convertor, which plugged into your car radio's antenna connection, and allowed your car stereo, when tuned to the AM broadcast band, to function as a CB receiver With one of those, you could listen to a particular CB channel on your car stereo, and the other CB channel on your CB transceiver. However, again, once you wanted to TRANSMIT, you'd have to disable or switch off the stereo convertor, or face overload

Use the channel selector.....problem solved.

So, what happens if you unplug the mic on your radio, does it seem to 'mute' the receiver? Why can't you use that to control the 'muting' feature/line of another, or second radio radio? Or, is there an unused switched contact in that mic, or relay in that radio? Or use that 'muting' thingy to turn off a scanner? Possibilities...
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.