• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I got my license, now what?

I tend to leave 20 alone simply because I really got the 275 and 313 bunch really stirred up a while back...had them really pissed,

And my surround sound and computer speakers dont like 20 meters.....need to get a pile of chokes and start adding them to all the speakers wires ,I have been really procrastinating on this little project....

Guess a trip to the local electronics store is in order

Captain Kilowatt;430... I suppose you should also avoid 80m because of all the Piss and Moan nets as well as a couple of Burp and Fart groups around 3885 AM.[/QUOTE said:
for whatever reason , last nite ,around 9 PM local, I ended up listening to 3.838,.....
seems a few people in Tn don't like obama.

they were actually using pretty good operating procedures, proper ID'ing, slow keying and leting the "drive by shooters" join in:tongue:

Finally got on the air with my Yaesu ft-890

I have the Sirio M-400 which looks like the old Starduster for cb band. I took it down to replace the coax with the heavier RG-213. While I had it down adjusted it right to the center of the 11 meter. After it was back up I tested the SWR on 12 meter and 10 meter and the results were surprising. I used an external SWR meter for the test and did not allow the auto tune to make any adjustments. On the lower side of 12 meters the SWR was about 2.5 to 1 and on the high end of the 10 meters it was right at 2 to 1.
The auto tuner knocks that right out. I talked to the Gentleman I bought my FT-890 from and I talked to a guy about ten miles from here on 12 meter and it was pretty clear and I got good report on my signal. So I am happy I hunted and waited. Next the fan dipole and ugly balun!:wub:

Reactions: 1 person
Just wait till you get on some of the lower bands, 15 and 17 meters have been hopping.

Heard Kuwait and Jordan the other day,needless to say I wasnt lucky enough to make contact...

Sounds like you are off and running (y)

Even better: Learn Morse code so you can operate CW. :tongue:

Ok well really it's "International Code" that is used on the HF Bands and it is "Morse Code "that is used on a Rail Road Telegraph. That is very cool to hear coming through on a sounder for sure !!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.