• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i have a cherokee tm 2000 swr and power meter?

SHORT_LEGS

Apr 14, 2009
when i hook it up to the radio it makes my swr waring light come on. i have hooked it up to 2 different radios and the same thing happens . what could be the problem any suggestions would be appericated..

First place to start is make sure the wire is solderd good where the SO230 connections (WHERE YOU CONNECT YOUR COAX CABLE) also make sure you are hooking it up correctly Im sure you are but silly mistakes happen Trans or Output to radio and obviously Ant or Output is Antenna

Your radio may not like the meter inbetween it and the antenna (Tuning issue) or you could even have defective patch cord inbetween rDIO nd meter these are the simple theorys next would leave a person believing you have a defective meter all together bad parts / solder joints trial and error I know the game of trouble shooting is a pain in the @$$ at times but we learn from the pains aswell.

If you havent tried different patch cables inbetween the rdaio and meter do that first borrow one from a friend ETC thats where I personally would start if you dont have a VOM (multi meter to check for continuity or (shorts in the PL259 connectors).

First place to start is make sure the wire is solderd good where the SO230 connections (WHERE YOU CONNECT YOUR COAX CABLE) also make sure you are hooking it up correctly Im sure you are but silly mistakes happen Trans or Output to radio and obviously Ant or Output is Antenna

Your radio may not like the meter inbetween it and the antenna (Tuning issue) or you could even have defective patch cord inbetween rDIO nd meter these are the simple theorys next would leave a person believing you have a defective meter all together bad parts / solder joints trial and error I know the game of trouble shooting is a pain in the @$$ at times but we learn from the pains aswell.

If you havent tried different patch cables inbetween the rdaio and meter do that first borrow one from a friend ETC thats where I personally would start if you dont have a VOM (multi meter to check for continuity or (shorts in the PL259 connectors).

i have tried new patch cables and the same thing is happening..should i just toss it? i dont get why it would do that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.