• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I have a gentlemens bet going !

cant answer that fairly.

a 4 watt radio into a nice big beam would sure do better than 4000 watts into a coat hanger.

just saying.

but all things being equal.... as mentioned before, i like me the Yaesu 101e.
i cant remember what my local paired with it, might have been a Heil, but regardless, that radio was the shit !

well he never mentioned a base oor mobile. and yes id rather have a 4 watt radio
and a maco 108c . over 4000 watts into a coat hanger. as for the 101e ya they actually
did good with a few tweaks and a d104. but a cobra 29 ltd,xlr modded right with a 2 driving 4 amp will stomp on it all day and have more audio

If we're talking older rigs - most amazing radio I ever heard on the air was the ol yellow box with a desk mike. The guy who ran it worked at a local radio station and had it done up right, man it sounded so sweet I'll never forget the sound.

Yea kinda an unrealistic question. There are so many radio, desk mic, height of antenna, and amplifier combos that I could give you 5-10 setups right off the cuff that would kick a$$. There is no one answer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.