• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I need a place to hide.....

So it went down like this.

I was sitting here in the living room messing with the laptop when the wife came in and started to clean some magazines off the coffee table. Picking up the issue of The Canadian Amateur she asked.

Her: "Did you ever call that guy?"

Me: "What guy"

Her: "That guy that had the ad."

Me: "Ad for what?"

Her: "The ad for the antenna you were talking about."

Me: " Yeah I emailed him."

Her: "What did he say?

Me: (sounding preoccupied) "Ummm.....ahhhh.....yeah .....I can get one for that really good price." (Not a lie.I can get ONE for that price.)

Her: "So, are you getting it?"

Me: "Ummm......uhhh....yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh....I told him to send me two." (sounding preoccupied again while looking at the laptop screen)

Her:"TWO?"

Me:"Uhhh.....ummmm.....DAMN PAGE WON`T LOAD AGAIN!!.....Uhhh....yeah whatever....."

And there it sits. She will never see the bill anyway. :LOL: Good thing as the entire project has already cost me five figures easily before this little acquisition. :whistle:

You may need to build a big bird's nest while installing the antennas...
Another Larcan could be modified for 2 meters.

I already have a work platform at the top as a start. LOL

I thought about the Larcan but honestly money is short this summer. Looking at installing a heat pump HVAC unit this summer, a new vehicle within the year (Toyota FJ cruiser) and a planned trip down south next spring so I REALLY need to stop the spending. Well at least on things that are hard to explain the sudden appearance of. :whistle:

So it went down like this.

I was sitting here in the living room messing with the laptop when the wife came in and started to clean some magazines off the coffee table. Picking up the issue of The Canadian Amateur she asked.

Her: "Did you ever call that guy?"

Me: "What guy"

Her: "That guy that had the ad."

Me: "Ad for what?"

Her: "The ad for the antenna you were talking about."

Me: " Yeah I emailed him."

Her: "What did he say?

Me: (sounding preoccupied) "Ummm.....ahhhh.....yeah .....I can get one for that really good price." (Not a lie.I can get ONE for that price.)

Her: "So, are you getting it?"

Me: "Ummm......uhhh....yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh....I told him to send me two." (sounding preoccupied again while looking at the laptop screen)

Her:"TWO?"

Me:"Uhhh.....ummmm.....DAMN PAGE WON`T LOAD AGAIN!!.....Uhhh....yeah whatever....."

And there it sits. She will never see the bill anyway. :LOL: Good thing as the entire project has already cost me five figures easily before this little acquisition. :whistle:

Haha dude ur house sounds like "general hospital".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Can't help with the wife, sounds like you in deep do do.:love: I ran a pair of 13b2's for a long time. Great antennas. At 65ft 200 mile simplex is doable to a good receiving station, 150 will be easy. I still have my pair in storage I'm going to try a pair of m2 2m12 at 80ft. Good luck with the wife:whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.