• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I ran into a neat little "supply" that will be handy...

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
Last year some time, I met up with a guy at his house over in Channelview and he let me prowl through a van in his yard. What was special about this van is.... it was the van bought and turned into a mobile CB Shop by an old friend starting his business at a local truck stop way back in 2017. Unfortunately in late November 2017 his wife and son returned home and found him passed away IN his van working on a radio. His wife sold the van to a guy.... who apparently sold it to someone else later.... as THIS WAS the van Skip built up. The guy was NOT a CB repair type... not even a user. But the van had a BUNCH of radio hulks and parts of all kinds in it. This guy let me wander through it, put things I wanted into a stack and when I was done.... gave me a price that I was happy with... and we concluded our deal.

In this mass of stuff I picked up 3 or 4 good sized plastic parts boxes that had ALL KINDS of spare parts.... knobs, SO-238 chassis connectors, pots.... all kinds of stuff.
In the mix were (sloppy count) about 25 or 30 assorted 4 pin and 5 pin mic plugs. The problem? Way more than half... the screws were missing. The cable clamps were laying in a separate compartment, the black inserts were laying loose in there with the shells.

A couple of weeks ago I got crazy and did a Google search for CB microphone screws..... and BANG.... Amazon had this kit from Workman. 50 of the tiny screws that hold the insert in the shell and 100 of the clamp screws. $8.99 plus tax later... I just got them today. I never knew these were sold like that!!!

This is going to help make those plugs usable. They are certainly "pulls" but they look to be in great shape.

Screenshot from 2024-02-21 17-12-21.png

man how many times have i searched the bench for that little screw that keeps the mic connector from turning in its body.

thanks for this!
LC

I can't remember.... I hope links to products are okay......

{edited to add}
Okay the link didn't work... apparently something blocks it when I paste it in.

HERE is the product name so you can search it...... (the typo on spelling is THEIRS not MINE. I left it as it is... so it can help the search)

"WORKMAN C-4S CB Radio Microphone Replacemet Screws For The "C" Series Plugs"

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.