• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ic-2820H diversity reception

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
2 so239 jacks at the rear for diversity reception......

Trying to decide if I should get another yaesu 350 dualband for the base or try out the allmighty Icom 2820h. Seems like the icom is a lot more $$$ for the accessories vs. Yaesu or kenwood( didn't like the tmd710a).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Damn, I forgot all about the diversity receive. When I first got it I looked at that feature and couldn't think of any practical use for it. Now that I put up beams, I'll plug my omni into that side. Beautimus!

I like mine. D-Star's pretty cool. You should be able to hit the D-Star repeater on Malibu no problem. Once you're into that gateway you can connect all over the world.

Any luck on the IC-7000?

Im not an Icom guy but I do have an Icom Ic-2200H thats in the box I aquired a few years ago and see it can be setup for Dstar but just never got interested in Dstar I dont know how many repeaters in this are that are Dstar capable. I did see one on the Wisconsin Reoeater Association list but dont think it was within range.

If I keep this Icom maybe Ill just set it up for Dstar and try it if I posted ity forsale on QRZ I am pretty sure it would sell or trade right away theres alot of people that really like these 200H rigs I did take it out and use it for a nbight the other day and it works great and has a fast scanning function on it which I thought was cool.

Im not an Icom guy but I do have an Icom Ic-2200H thats in the box I aquired a few years ago and see it can be setup for Dstar but just never got interested in Dstar I dont know how many repeaters in this are that are Dstar capable. I did see one on the Wisconsin Reoeater Association list but dont think it was within range.

If I keep this Icom maybe Ill just set it up for Dstar and try it if I posted ity forsale on QRZ I am pretty sure it would sell or trade right away theres alot of people that really like these 200H rigs I did take it out and use it for a nbight the other day and it works great and has a fast scanning function on it which I thought was cool.

Here's a link to some of the D-Star repeaters D-StarUsers.org Your Source for D-Star Digital Amateur Radio Information! It should come up sorted by state, but if it doesn't, just click the arrow next to "state" at the top of the column and it will alpha sort them.

If you can get it rolling, you'll be able to tie in to the WorldWideDX club's D-Star repeater that's about to go live. It's also pretty easy to get it linked up through your computer if you can't get on a local repeater.

I have an IC 2820 in my truck and I'm not sure if thats a feature that I would ever use in a mobile application. If anyone has any good mobile applications for it I would love to hear them. I can see it being a decent feature as a base unit. I mainly bought the 2820 for the crossband feature.

So, Any updates on the diversity reception? .....

Works great on the base for simplex since I never know which direction the signal will come from. I can hear the station on the omni, then swing the beam at them w/o having to throw any switches to change antennas.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.